- Abstract submission deadline:
31 July 2018extended deadline: 15 August 2018
- Registration deadline: 5 Oct 2018
The International Precipitation Working Group was initiated in 2000 after the 52nd session of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Executive Council recommended involving relevant science groups in a systematic manner to improve satellite system utilization. The group was subsequently endorsed by the Coordination Group for Meteorological Satellites (CGMS).
IPWG is interested in quantitative precipitation measurements from operational and research perspectives. Its endeavor is to foster the development of better precipitation measurements; the improvement of scientific understanding of the related processes; and the development of international partnerships.
Objective of the workshop
- Review the state of the art of rainfall and snowfall/high-latitude precipitation measurement techniques.
- Discuss the application of satellite precipitation products for research and operations.
- Recommend future directions to WMO/CGMS and Coordinate with GEWEX on topics related to precipitation.
- Abstracts that deal with current operational and research precipitation estimation techniques, applications to climate and weather, data assimilation, validation, sensor calibration, and future satellite missions are encouraged. The abstract should be in English, approximately one half of an A4 page.
- Registration applications and abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committees of IPWG.
- No abstract fee is requested.
Link to abstract Submission
IPWG-9 Program Committee
- Ziad Haddard (Radar Science/JPL, USA)
- Dong-Bin Shin (Yonsei University, Korea)
- Ralph Ferraro (NOAA/NESDIS/STAR, USA)
- Ralf Bennartz (Vanderbilt University, USA)
- Rémy Roca (CNRS/OMP/LEGOS, France)
- Tufa Dinku (IRI, Columbia University, USA)
- Hoon Park (Director, NMSC/KMA)
- Jae-Dong Jang (NMSC/KMA)
- Geun-Hyeok Ryu (NMSC/KMA)
- Eun-Kyung Seo (Kongju National University, Korea)
- GyuWon Lee (Kyungpook National University, Korea)
- Jun Park (NMSC/KMA)
- Yu-Ri Lee (Yonsei University, Korea)
*IPWG-9 is co-sponsored by the National Meteorological Satellite Center of Korea Meteorological Administration and the Atmospheric Remote Sensing Lab. of Dept. of Atmospheric Science of Yonsei Univ. It is also partially supported by the Institute of Natural Science (INS) of the College of Natural Science of Yonsei Univ. and the Atmospheric Remote Sensing Lab. of Kyungpook Univ.